Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Cumbres and Toltec R.R. parlor car.

John Craft
March 29, 2001 11:06AM
Season pass? Are you planning to ride even more than you did last year, Tom? You might as well move north!
No pictures yet, and the only floor plans are hand-drawn here on my desk, where I've been arranging to-scale representations of chairs, love seats, tables, etc., to find the optimum arrangement.
The parlour cars will have an ADA-compliant bathroom in one corner. The remainder of the car will be carpeted, with double-bead panelling below the windows and on the end walls. Seating is rattan "porch furniture" (big, rambling seats with cushions - Marvin Casias and Dick Cowles tried them out and really liked them, so now Marvin wants one to put in the locomotive cab when he's on duty) that can be rearranged to suit the guests. Right now I'm estimating we'll be able to seat 22 people comfortably, but that may change when we actually get the furniture in, and we're only booking 20 seats right now.
Pastries and snacks will be spread around the car on small tables, and drinks will be served from an attendant's station.
Marvin estimates he'll be done with both by the end of April, so you can take a tour when you show up for Bobcat duty (don't mess the carpet up).
We're also removing the fixed seats in caboose 0306 and putting in the same furniture and new carpeting, for overflow parlour car seating. There are already several days where it will be needed.
JAC
Subject Author Posted

Cumbres and Toltec R.R. parlor car.

Dave Howard March 26, 2001 06:09PM

John Craft March 28, 2001 06:05AM

Tom Stewart March 29, 2001 09:19AM

John Craft March 29, 2001 11:06AM

Canada, eh March 29, 2001 05:10PM

John Craft March 30, 2001 05:10AM

Tom Stewart March 30, 2001 06:45PM

Hey! I resemble that remark! NM *NM*

Hoss April 02, 2001 07:08PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.