Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A couple questions about the Guayaquil and Quito

September 29, 2022 07:43PM
That's the biggest issue with researching the railroad around Duran is how much it's changed. Only thing that has been arguably harder is anything regarding the Sibambe-Cuenca! I think, just judging by where the hill is, that the last shot you posted is definitely somewhere on the mainline a distance from the station/old shop. From what i've seen photo wise after the freight traffic dropped off, and probably after the newer shops were constructed, that area became the "graveyard" for the locomotives that had become part sources and mostly stripped of useable parts, that in itself being a whole other mystery.

I know there's some overlap using at least the old station and the new shop, as there's photos of engines, usually #11 and #7, at the new complex, but on the same trip they're photographed at the station site, which makes me wonder if there was a wye or something connecting the two. Complete guess but i'm assuming the station being at the new shop was a move that was done in the 1990s, maybe the early 2000s as Duran started to grow around the railroad and "regular" passenger service dropped off.

I appreciate the help, and the photos!

~Liam H.
Subject Author Posted

A couple questions about the Guayaquil and Quito

GnQ11 September 28, 2022 07:10PM

Re: A couple questions about the Guayaquil and Quito Attachments

John West September 29, 2022 03:57PM

Re: A couple questions about the Guayaquil and Quito

GnQ11 September 29, 2022 07:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login