Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Riding the D&SNG last week with my grandson, a few pics

July 19, 2021 09:21AM avatar
Folks:

Took my oldest grandson to ride the D&SNG last week. We rode the diesel train on Tuesday and the Cascade on Wednesday. I was able to get an AFE from Grandma to ride in the Knight Sky glass topped open car, which was really fun. Thanks to Jerry Day's posting about coupling up behind the Durango Library, we decided to stay and watch/chase on Thursday. I even bugged Jerry for more info on the doublehanding process, which he graciously provided. But with 493 down for a boiler wash, we able to see 18 run up the Valley and couple up with 480 at Hermosa. Thankfully, I made a random check of the website Trainorders the night before and saw a post from LJ Gross stating that with 18, they run it to Hermosa for water and don't stop behind the Library. And from a post by Olaf Rasmussen, looks like we were both at Hermosa at the same time. I hope we didn't get in the way too much, while you were getting some shots. Thanks to the D&SNG for a great time and thanks to all the posters on the NGDF for providing updates and pics on the D&S, helped us plot out the trip and showed him what to look forward to.

1) Enjoying the stop at Tank Creek 07/14
2) At Cascade 07/14
3) At Hermosa 07/15
4) With 107 during the shop tour after the Cascade 07/14
5) I was hoping 107 would pull our train, since I rode behind it on the WP&Y in 2011, but the 101 looked really sharp pulling our train on Tuesday. Here is my youngest son with 107 in Skagway, before we headed up to Fraser, BC, Fathers Day 2011. Fun to see his nephew with the same engine

Randy in PHX

Randy in PHX
10a.jpg
11.jpg
IMG_7538 (1).jpg
IMG_7497 (1).jpg
16.JPG
Subject Author Posted

Riding the D&SNG last week with my grandson, a few pics Attachments

laxriter July 19, 2021 09:21AM

Re: Riding the D&SNG last week with my grandson, a few pics

davidtltc July 19, 2021 10:17AM

kcsivils July 19, 2021 11:15AM

guymonmd July 19, 2021 11:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login