Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any photos of sagging or humped rolling stock due to truss rod mis-adjustment?

July 18, 2021 03:45PM
As a kid I thought it was cool to look in the model railroading magazines and see photos of "sagging" or "humped" rolling stock that had been built by hobby craftsmen. In the back of my mind I have always thought it would be cool to add one of these to our roster of rolling stock.

Gorre & Daphetid sagging boxcar.jpg

Recently the idea popped into my head again, and as I started researching and planning, I realized I could not find any photos of actual rolling stock that exhibited any great degree of sagging or humping...got me to thinking, maybe the whole idea was just the dream of modelers and did not really exist in the real world. I know the John Allen boxcar example is exaggerated, but since I cannot find any prototype examples I wonder if the condition ever existed on the D&RGW?

Question for the group here....has anyone seen an image of a piece of D&RGW rolling stock that exhibits sagging or humping due to mis-adjusted truss rods?

Or is this simply a myth?
Subject Author Posted

Any photos of sagging or humped rolling stock due to truss rod mis-adjustment? Attachments

clifforddward July 18, 2021 03:45PM

Re: Any photos of sagging or humped rolling stock due to truss rod mis-adjustment?

Brian Norden July 18, 2021 04:54PM

Re: Any photos of sagging or humped rolling stock due to truss rod mis-adjustment?

Randy Hees July 18, 2021 09:21PM

rdamurphy July 18, 2021 10:07PM

Casey Akin July 18, 2021 10:47PM

Re: Any photos of sagging or humped rolling stock due to truss rod mis-adjustment? Attachments

bcp July 18, 2021 11:14PM

clifforddward July 23, 2021 07:00PM

Re: Any photos of sagging or humped rolling stock due to truss rod mis-adjustment? Attachments

Kelly Anderson July 23, 2021 10:51PM

Loco Bill July 24, 2021 06:59AM

John Hewlett July 23, 2021 10:43PM

GeorgeGaskill July 24, 2021 01:02AM

Kelly Anderson July 24, 2021 08:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login