Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vintage C&TS video revived and on DVD for the first time

April 15, 2021 01:21PM
We did a 5 dvd series back in 1996 called "The Steam Around The World Series". We decided to add an "American" video, and it is called "American Steam In The Rockies". This was centered around the 4 day charter by the late UK resident steam guru named David Rodgers. My brother Randy shot it, and along with Jim Gunning they went out to chase the trips. They paid in to the trips and David even offered to let them ride, but they chose to chase. Whats cool with this video is you see K-37 497 featured, as well as K-27 463, and sometimes doubleheaded.
The Rodgers trips were mostly freight ops. This included a train I mentioned on here a couple years ago, which was a 463 eastbound train from Lobato to Chama in the early morning, pulling tank cars and a caboose. Later there is 463 trying to mimic the San Juan coming into Chama from Gato(C&TS end of track actually) which was a different sight to behold. While the rest is mostly single, double, mid-train, and other freight trains, there is also some good regular C&TS passenger train action, including 463 and 497 together on one. Anyway I thought some of you might enjoy this look back to 1995. We knew it was October, and Earl filled in the exact dates in October and it was in 1995. Here is the preview you can check out. Gee its 26 years ago!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2021 01:27PM by Greg Scholl.
Subject Author Posted

Vintage C&TS video revived and on DVD for the first time

Greg Scholl April 15, 2021 01:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login