Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG: Royal Gorge Route RR says 3 employees tested positive for COVID-19; some guests may have been exposed

December 03, 2020 01:56PM avatar
This got a locked thread on the Ry Preservation forum when it became political.
But the thing here is it isn't political thing. It's a "ignore the reality" issue and that transcends all political and national borders. All over the planet, people are declaring, "No virus is gonna stop me from doing _____," then going out and catching the thing.
Collectively, people are missing the point entirely. It's not a lethality issue, as COVID has a very low level for that. It's a transmission issue.
Here's the problem; imagine your Aunt with the heart condition is having chest pains and you take her to the ER, but there's a line around the block, most of whom are COVID patients, and you hold her as she dies in line because you can't get anywhere near a doctor?
THIS is the reason for the masks and all the concerns. It got communicated well at first, but people being people, they forgot it almost instantly. And it's just as much of a concern now as it was this past spring.
COVID is also leaving some really lasting issues for those who catch it, something that also doesn't seem to make a dent for people. Everyone in my optometrist office caught this thing earlier this year and none of them, 8 months later, can smell or taste anything. One has been told it might be permanent. Think that's not a big deal? Wanna trade places with her and never taste anything again?
Yeah. I thought not. confused smiley

-Lee

Flickr photo set of my On30 layout

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2020 02:47PM by et&wnc.
Subject Author Posted

NNG: Royal Gorge Route RR says 3 employees tested positive for COVID-19; some guests may have been exposed

Chris Webster December 03, 2020 06:23AM

Re: NNG: Royal Gorge Route RR says 3 employees tested positive for COVID-19; some guests may have been exposed

et&wnc December 03, 2020 01:56PM

Rick Steele December 04, 2020 10:26AM

Re: NNG: COVID-19 . . .

Russo Loco December 04, 2020 06:47PM

et&wnc December 04, 2020 12:43PM

Hauspiper December 04, 2020 12:55PM

Samart December 04, 2020 01:06PM

guymonmd December 04, 2020 01:59PM

Thread locked

John West December 04, 2020 10:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.