Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: new book on the Chili Line

July 27, 2020 05:02PM
Mr. Butler, the author, is a member of our Chili Line group [groups.io]. He states he wrote the book for the general public to learn about the Chili Line, it's history, anecdotes of people along the line and where to find remnants of the line today. The book has several well known photos from the Dorman collection and "then and now" photos of the author's. I did note a caption error or two. There are a few hiking and driving tips in the book, divided by geography, to help the reader see what easily reached highlights remain of the line. If you're looking for a guide on how to hike to more remote locations (such as Servilleta for example) this book doesn't cover those types of areas. Nor is it a new, exhaustive history of the line. As a long time Chili Line fan I have to be honest and say I didn't learn anything new but I enjoyed reading the book and added it to my collection. In my opinion it is a well done, general overview and an easy read for the casual or non-Chili Line or train fan who might be travelling through the Northern New Mexico region.
Subject Author Posted

new book on the Chili Line

Brian Norden July 26, 2020 08:17PM

tgbcvr July 27, 2020 03:59AM

Ernie Barney July 27, 2020 05:02PM

Brian Norden July 27, 2020 05:09PM

tgbcvr July 27, 2020 06:08PM

tgbcvr August 03, 2020 03:53AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login