Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: C&TS status report

Wade Hall
June 20, 2000 03:54PM
After spending some "volunteer" time on the C&TS over last weekend, I must compliment the RGRPC--management, staff, and volunteers--for doing what many thought to be virtually impossible: running the C&TS in 2000.
To put this achievement in perspective:
Imagine running a 64 mile shortline railroad.
Now imagine running a mountain shortline railroad over a tortuous profile, peaking at over 10,000 feet elevation.
Throw in the fact that it can not interchange equipment (maintenance or rolling stock) conveniently with any other line (because its narrow-gauge). It can't short-term lease extra locomotives, cars, or track maintenance equipment from other railroads. And much of its rolling stock and equipment is old, antiquated, and well-used.
And, by the way, it carries PASSENGERS.
I suspect that those conditions would chill the heart of many successful short-line operators. That the RGRPC is pulling this off suggests the talent, hard work, and dedication that has found its home on the C&TS. Great job, all!
Might I suggest that those who haven't been to the C&TS plan a trip there this summer to see how dreams and miracles DO come true with enough hard work!
Subject Author Posted

C&TS status report

John West June 20, 2000 09:43AM

Herb Kelsey June 20, 2000 10:29AM

Chile John Pritchard June 20, 2000 11:18AM

Lukas Rosenthaler June 20, 2000 12:22PM

Les Clark June 20, 2000 03:32PM

Wade Hall June 20, 2000 03:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.