Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RGRPC: Doing good, however, some ideas.

June 18, 2000 08:53AM
I read the comments about the BOD of RGRPC in another message below, and I think some word of encouragement should be posted in another message here, so that's what I will do.
First, the actual running of the railroad is going better than I expected. Hiring railroaders to direct activities such as trackwork and equipment repair was a great idea.
Second, I'm told there is some friction with the citizens of Antonito, and some friction in Chama because of some inner struggles between the General Manager and others on the railroad. These kinds of political struggles are bound to occur, but there is no doubt in my mind that they are counter-productive to actual progress.
Thirdly, some of the ideas that have been implemented have caused some backward progress. One of the railroaders I worked with on #19 told me he had never worked under such political circumstances, everyone around thinks they have the authority to direct activities. This has to be somewhat discouraging to those in the management positions.
Now, there are a million ideas that I have, but I think that John West has proven to me that he has the judgement and experience to direct things in a reasonable fashion. I'll give my vote of confidence to John, and step back to allow progress to continue, without any discouraging words.
Jim Burrill
Subject Author Posted

RGRPC: Doing good, however, some ideas.

Jim Burrill June 18, 2000 08:53AM

All-in-all,a good job

El Coke June 18, 2000 12:26PM

so...what else is new?

Earl June 18, 2000 01:20PM

So true

Bob Keller June 18, 2000 03:11PM

Re: RGRPC: Doing good, however, some ideas.

Les Clark June 18, 2000 02:56PM

Re: RGRPC: Doing good, however, some ideas.

Chris Callaway June 18, 2000 07:19PM

It's the employees

John West June 18, 2000 08:23PM

The Employees

Herb Kelsey June 18, 2000 11:41PM

Re: It's the employees

Jim Peeler June 19, 2000 08:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.