Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Welsh NG Query

May 22, 2000 09:36AM
My own experience: Rent (hire) a car for three days. Day one: From London to Wales is no more than 4 hours (left hand running). First visit: Welshpool & LLanfair. Second visit and ride: Ffestiniog Third visit, may be ride: Welsh Highland 64 Society at Portmadog. Begining at 8 am in the morning at 6,30 pm all is over. Go to your Bed & Breakfast, take a shower, go to the local pub in Tremadoc, that is very near Portmadog, less than 1 mile. Day two: early in the morning a visit to Portmadog harbour station to se departure of "Early bird". Then to Boston Lodge shops, across The Cob. Midday go South East to see Coris and return by taking Tallylyn train at Abergynolwyn to Nant Gwernol; from here to Towin Wharf and back to Abergynolwyn. Return in your car to Portmadog to B&B and pub as day one. Day three: see departure of Early bird and then South to Barmouth. Cross river on ferry and train Fairbourne railway at Point Penrith to Fairbourne and return. Cross river, take car South to Aberystwyth, ride Vale of Rheidol to Devil Bridge and return. From this to Merthyr Poncyl to see and may be ride Brecon Mountain. If you drive carefully you arrive London before 8 pm, just in time to return car to Budget. Please, note that I planned this trip for you at no charge! There are a dozen more places to visit, you need three more days. Any question, conctact me when you wish. Have a good trip! Regards, Jorge Garreta Mendoza jegm@sinectis.com.ar
Subject Author Posted

Welsh NG Query

David Border May 19, 2000 10:33AM

owen Chapman May 19, 2000 12:02PM

Fred T May 19, 2000 06:43PM

Phil Raynes May 20, 2000 09:39PM

Don Newing May 21, 2000 02:17AM

Glenn Christensen May 21, 2000 05:31PM

Jorge Garreta Mendoza May 22, 2000 09:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.