Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Union Iron Works Locomotives

June 30, 2015 06:49PM
Hey all,

Recently I've developed a mild fascination with Prescott, Scott, & Co. (Union Iron Works) locomotives. And obviously their narrow gauge ones.

I've been reading Mallory Hope Ferrell's book "Sagebrush Narrow Gauge" regarding the Nevada central, which is a fantastic book by the way! And now easily my favorite publication in my personal library. Anyway... I've become a little more than enamored with the Battle Mountain & Lewis Railroad and I'm trying to get a better sense of what their first locomotive, the "John D. Hall" would have looked like.

In Mallory's book it's noted to be a 2-4-0T and built by the Union Iron Works. Was it a saddle tank? What kind of stack did it have? (Balloon, large diamond, Sunflower, ect...) As an artist and hobbyist I'd like to make an artist's interpretation of the BM&L's #1, but I'd like it to be as accurate as possible even with the lack of information.

One thing that would certainly help would be photos. However I have my doubts that photos of this engine actually exist, but photos if similar locomotives built by the Union Iron Works would be immensely appreciated!

Thanks again, all!
Subject Author Posted

Union Iron Works Locomotives

Andrew Davis June 30, 2015 06:49PM

Re: Union Iron Works Locomotives

bcp June 30, 2015 08:53PM

Andrew Davis July 01, 2015 12:02AM

jim pallow July 01, 2015 06:59AM

Randy Hees July 01, 2015 10:00PM

Mallory Hope Ferrell July 03, 2015 01:24PM

Re: Union Iron Works Locomotives Attachments

Mallory Hope Ferrell July 07, 2015 03:23PM

bcp July 07, 2015 03:57PM

bcp July 07, 2015 05:22PM

Andrew Davis July 08, 2015 08:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login