Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Average Colorado citizen and the loop

September 12, 2007 10:26PM
I have been in Colorado on business since monday, and have visited with quite a few of my professional associates who know of my passion for trains, and tolerate my leaving meetings early or getting there late to either spend time at the CRRM or such as that while in Denver. In visiting with all of my friends and associates (who all live in Denver) on this trip I made a point of bringing up the loop situation. Not a single one knew anything about it or had seen anything in the press about it at all in the past 3 years. Not one. Not only that, but when I discussed it with them, the basic reaction was basically apathetic. The issues have never hit home in Denver.

There is a lot of goings on back and forth on the NGDF and among those whose lives have been disrupted, or have actually given it their best effort for Railstar, but until the average person in Denver gets the story splashed in front of them day and night about the money that has been wasted and the mistakes that have been made, we are all wasting our time going back and forth about it her or on any other forum.

I don't live in Colorado, but it seems to me that until it makes headlines in the Denver Post, and on local news for every night for at least a week, CHS and their representatives in Georgetown are never going to be held accountable for the misrepresentations and the broken promises that were made for the past 3 years, and it is CHS that has to be held responsible.

Like I said, I don't live in Colorado, and I don't know how to get it in front of the voters in the Front Range corridor, so you all can take this for what it is worth, and I promise not to take offense, but my observation is that it has to be more than an article or two in the Courant and people sounding off on the NGDF before the CHS is really going to get put on the fire.
Subject Author Posted

Average Colorado citizen and the loop

Everett Lueck September 12, 2007 10:26PM

Re: Average Colorado citizen and the loop

geode September 13, 2007 06:47AM

Rick Steele September 13, 2007 09:05AM

Jerry Day September 14, 2007 07:00AM

Robert Herronen September 14, 2007 09:44AM

Jerry Day September 14, 2007 01:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login