Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Durango Railroad Historical Society

February 15, 2007 12:28PM
I just read through the pictures and photo capations for the #315 restoration that the group has been working on for the last several years.
I am impressed in a number of ways. The money of course, it must be something in the area of $300,000 that went into the locomotive so far. I doubt that there is a joint between two pieces of metal on the whole locomotive that has not been taken apart and worked on!
Of course having the best narrow gauge railroad and machine shop in the country across the street does help quite a bit! But the DRHS has also gone far and wide to find and make missing parts etc etc.
I hope that someone will write something about the suport system behind the work. I may be wrong, but I don't think the money came in any big checks like the CRRM's RGS 20 did.
I am sure that there will be some special runs for friends and contributors to the project on the D&S. But may I suggest that the #315 also travel to the C&TS? What a ride that would be!
The job site is I am sure closed up for the winter. And the crew is dreaming of the Spring and Summer ahead. All I can say is Great Work everybody!!
Ted Miles
Subject Author Posted

Ted Miles February 15, 2007 12:28PM

Fred February 15, 2007 01:15PM

Re: Durango Railroad Historical Society *LINK*

Dave Boyer February 15, 2007 02:13PM

Fred February 15, 2007 02:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login