Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Road to Chama" Confusion.

November 24, 2006 08:38AM
After being taken to task very sarcastically on another board, about tooting my own horn, I want to clear up some confusion I may have caused myself.
When I first went to Antonito...and I think it was for the second movement west, I carried just a few cameras, intending to work a lot, and shoot a little.
On the long five hour drive back to Denver, I got to thinking about a magazine story on the C&TS and the next week I was calling Roy Dunlap and the late David Sumner.
I was trying to decide how I could best help the railroad. I was NOT a skilled railroader, but I was pretty good at photojournalism...I made a pretty good living...shooting.
I decided that I could best help the new C&TS by getting them some good publicity.
The shots I will be posting are 'left-overs' or in-camera dupes of the tons of stuff I sent to two magazines. I shot hundreds of rolls of film in Nikons and Hasselblads.
The "Road to Chama" series will not be "Bo" tooting his own horn nor flexing his artistic muscles...however large or small.
The "Road to Chama" is offered for the sole reason to remember those who gave so much and worked so hard in the fall of 1970.
Any of those images taken then...36 years ago, I think are of historic importance, and after I post my series, I hope it will encourage others to follow me, and post words or pictures, to assure that any and all images/words can be archived.
I apologise for any confusion I may have caused.
"Bo"
Subject Author Posted

"Road to Chama" Confusion.

Richard "Bo" Boulware November 24, 2006 08:38AM

Re: "Road to Chama" Confusion.

El Skonk November 24, 2006 12:13PM

Mik November 24, 2006 02:31PM

Tom Peterman November 24, 2006 08:47PM

Charlie McCandless November 25, 2006 10:49AM

Richard "Bo" Boulware November 27, 2006 11:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.