Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hall of Shame winners !

February 01, 2001 09:32AM
Here are the select models for the Trash Brass Hall of Shame pantheon .
1.Key C-18s and 19s .Boy ,people hated these lopsided ,non-running caricatures of narrow gauge engines . Certainly the worst models ever produced in HOn3.
2.Westside Models Vauclain compaound K-27s.Despite Westside's penchant for oversize or high models , decorated with the cheapest castings or turnings that could be found ,these models were straight and ran reasonably well . Though their more modern models were better ,it was noted that the post-wreck RGS #455 had the dimensions wrong on the cab an tender ,at least the model ran(I have one).I would note that Precision made the same mistakes when they released the model a couple of years back .
3.Custom Trash was mentioned several times with their D&RGW 1500 and DSP&P 2-8-6T noted as non-runners . Even their brass rolling stock had problems .
4,Sunset's first C-16 wass mentioned as well. This model ,however , was the basis of many fine kitbashing projects over the years by a host of modellers .
5 .Hands down ,Earl Knoob's tale of the SPng diesel #1 that rolled on its side and played dead was the most hilarious . A note of hilarity ran through the whole thread . It would be funnier if these models didn't cost so much money . As I noted earlier , many of these models came on the market as importers switched from the Japanese(who priced themselves out of the market ) to the Koreans .Though overall the models of today are far more detailed and have better motors and drives , they may never approach the Japanese for precision ,straightness , quality soldering and dependability .
Subject Author Posted

Hall of Shame winners !

El Coke February 01, 2001 09:32AM

Re: Hall of Shame winners !

Mike Ramsey February 03, 2001 12:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.