Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newspaper Review

October 17, 2006 08:37AM
Since we always have our products reviewed(videos), I thought it might be fun to review something myself.
Yesterday we received 2 copies of "The Colorado Time-Table" in the mail. I assume the publishers are after our advertising, which may be worthwhile.
I am not sure if many of you are even aware of this paper. I wasn't! It seems to be published by Jason Midyette and his wife. We have seen Jason's name on this board.
I received the July and October issues. To summerize them, the newspaper is on newsprint paper and the same size with black and white images and text, except for yellow masthead. There is a wealth of interesting articles to please the most die-hard narrow gauge fan, including the regular tourist lines, plus standard gauge operations and even contemporary diesel operations. Its all-things Colorado Railroading.
Of note was a nice article on the C&TS(Several actually), with plenty of photos. Also D&S shots, C&S 9 images, plus historical photo sections, including a shot of 473 in Chama in 1956 among others.
There is info on preservation, the Friends, events, and anything else you can think of in relationship to Colorado.
The price per issue is $2.00, $24.00 for one year, and $40.00 for 2 years. $40.00 for 12 issue to Canada or Overseas. Its published monthly.
Check or Money order.
The Colorado Time-Table
P.O. Box 149
Niwot, CO 80544
Since I had not heard of this, and had 2 copies to look at I thought this would be newsworthy and something anyone on this board might find of interest.
Subject Author Posted

Newspaper Review

Greg Scholl October 17, 2006 08:37AM

Re: Newspaper Review

Ryan Shofner October 17, 2006 09:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.