Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

International Interest

September 03, 2006 04:22PM
Gentlemen: Some of you are international..in the UK and perhaps some in Europe.
I would be very interested in your thoughts on this idea. Next year, if the Georgetown Loop Rail Road tunes up RPO car #13 and Coach # 76, for a special event...are you interested? This special one time event would feature C&S # 9, RPO # 13 and coach # 76 for a special run over the Georgetown Loop Rail Road. In essence, this is C&S train #71, the Denver to Leadville train in its final form when it was abandoned in April of 1937...for the last passenger run over the C&S narrow gauge.
Presently, I am working an an unpaid volunteer with the GLRR. I am advising the powers-that-be, on my ideas of having a VERY special event, tailored to railroad and history fans, that would involve this operation, and perhaps even a dinner train. This is all "ivory tower" for now, but I am interested in hearing your thoughts, and what kind of international interest there might be.
Please feel free to back channel email me at: www.boulwareden@msn.com.
We are presently thinking about making this a landmark event and rolling out the red carpet, with dinner trains, period costume contests, old glass plate photographers,(or at least guys with 'ortho' film) and doing it all up in a first class way perhaps over an entire weekend,... if the interest in there.
Perhaps in September when the aspen turn golden, and there is a nip in the air.
Thoughts? Contest for look alike for Curly Colligan the engineer, and Tom St. John, the Conductor, Roy F. Height, the Brakeman, and Pete Marinelli, the Fireman of the last C&S narrow gauge passenger train that ever was.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts. "Bo"
Subject Author Posted

International Interest

Richard "Bo" Boulware September 03, 2006 04:22PM

He speaks of these: *NM* *PIC*

The Linkman September 03, 2006 07:23PM

Re: International Interest *NM* *PIC*

The Linkman September 03, 2006 07:24PM

Re: International Interest

eric bracher September 03, 2006 07:25PM

And this: *NM* *PIC*

The Linkman September 03, 2006 07:25PM

How??

Tim Schreiner September 03, 2006 08:02PM

New tracks...

The Linkman September 03, 2006 08:34PM

Re: International Interest

Ed Stabler September 03, 2006 08:35PM

Re: International Interest *PIC*

Erik Priess September 04, 2006 06:10AM

GL Railfan Weekend

Dale Brown September 04, 2006 07:52PM

Re: GL Railfan Weekend

Richard "Bo" Boulware September 05, 2006 09:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.