Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need Help.

September 02, 2006 04:25PM
Hi Guy's. Need a little help. I have a copy or the original menu for excursion trains from Denver, to ride the Georgetown Loop, Circa 1891 when the UPD&G ran the railroad for a brief period of time. (Had the original menu but sold it - kept fine Xerox copies.)
I'm going to help the nice people I know at the GLRR and let them reprint it if they wish, as they have dinner trains in mind.
In this menu, the proprietor of the eating establishment at Forks Creek mentions he has "Loop Drinking Glasses" on sale. 25 cents each.
Anybody ever see one of these or hear of one? This is my quest. Any help would be appreciated.
BTW...These little menu's were distributed when the train left Denver, and at the first stop the solicitor aboard the train had your order telegraphed ahead to Forks Creek where your freshly fried, half chicken, and other goodies were waiting at the Forks Creek station, lunch place, and you had a ten minute stop en route to the Loop. (The top item on this two selection lunch basket was ONE DOLLAR..for Half a Spring chicken, six slices of bread and butter, four hard boiled eggs, sliced ham and tongue, two pieces of pie, pickles three varieties of fruit, and one pint of Zinfandel Wine, Claret.
Such a deal! Sign me up!
Subject Author Posted

Need Help.

Richard "Bo" Boulware September 02, 2006 04:25PM

Re: Need Help.

Greg Scholl September 02, 2006 06:19PM

Re: Need Help.

Richard "Bo" Boulware September 02, 2006 06:43PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.