Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Open Range Bull Fight -Violence-Off Subject *LINK*

August 06, 2006 04:20PM
Open Range Bull Fight (Violence) (Off Subject)
WARNING!!! If violence bothers you, it may be a good idea to not look at the photos. Since a lot of you spend time between Chama & Antonito I thought you might be interested.
I went back and forth numerous times about posting this and decided I would because it is real and probably something 95% of the people have never seen.
When the ranchers bring their cattle to the high country and turn them loose some include their herd bull. After a few weeks in the national forest the cows will start mixing and most of the time this is OK unless it is a group of cows that also have their herd bull with them.
Two herd bulls and a bunch of cows from two different herds means only one thing and that is a fight to see who is going to be the BOSS bull.
When two very large and strong animals fight nothing around them is safe. Trees, bushes and about anything in their way is subjec to destruction. I have heard of automobiles being totaled during a bull fight. I have been told sometimes the fight can last many days. They will take a break and then come back for more. Finially one gives up and leaves the area.
First two photos are of one of the combatants before todays fight. As you can see he does not look like Mr. Mellow.
...123aatrainsignature.gif
Subject Author Posted

Open Range Bull Fight -Violence-Off Subject *LINK*

roger hogan August 06, 2006 04:20PM

Nothing a pair of scissors can't solve! *NM*

El Coke August 06, 2006 04:56PM

And you get a free (rm) oyster dinner! *NM*

Nick Gully August 06, 2006 07:57PM

Re: Nothing a pair of scissors can't solve!

Hobosteve August 07, 2006 06:36AM

Re: Does it hurt ?

Steve Gilbert August 07, 2006 11:21PM

Re: Open Range Bull Fight -Violence-Off Subject

John Frank August 07, 2006 08:50AM

Open Range Bull Fight -Violence-Off Subject

roger hogan August 07, 2006 09:00AM

Re: Open Range Bull Fight -Violence-Off Subject

Ed Stabler August 07, 2006 10:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.