Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: C&S #9 the rest of the story (train)

August 03, 2006 01:17AM
Rod,
a lot of those notes I don't have immediate access to right now - but I'm working on it. I'm not disputing as it was probably some obscure note I found in the files. On the other hand it could have been a photo that was dated incorrectly that caused me to believe the car was around later than any record indicates. That was a long time ago and history, being weird, has a habit of evolving. That's why I keep repeating: History is the narrative of events which, tho absolute, are nevertheless locked into the past, untouchable. The narrative or history is not the event no more than an object in a photo is actually the object. Therefore we can never be absolutely certain about all the details of history. Some things, perhaps, but not all of them.
I notice in Vol. VIII I also indicate 4095 plus others in July 1935. I need to look into this further. I never made anything up. I always had something solid to go by if I stated it as fact. I still live by that rule. So it's important to me to figure out where I got that information from. Otherwise none of you can trust me!
The St. Charles type coals were numbers 4000 to 4245. There are not St. C. coals left. Sad! Why did the C&S call them coals? Good question. I don't know. I've never found anything in the records to explain that. It is very rare to see the rr call it's coals gondolas and, dare I say, consistantly they called them coals on all of their equipment lists.
Derrell
Subject Author Posted

C&S #9 the rest of the story (train) *PIC*

Rod Jensen July 31, 2006 06:04PM

Derrell Poole July 31, 2006 08:07PM

Jeff Ramsey July 31, 2006 11:14PM

Rick Steele August 01, 2006 02:07PM

Derrell Poole August 01, 2006 02:42PM

Rod Jensen August 01, 2006 05:33PM

Derrell Poole August 01, 2006 11:22PM

Derrell Poole August 02, 2006 09:53AM

Rod Jensen August 03, 2006 12:07AM

Derrell Poole August 03, 2006 01:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.