Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Creede vs. Shank in Westword? - 3rd of 3 stories

December 13, 2000 02:18PM
This last one just floored me. Westword is Denver's alternative free weekly newspaper (some would say rag) and, to my knowledge, has never published a story concerning anything like this.
I'm sorry that the online version of this big cover story is not available yet. Look for it at the link below at some future time. Or try to pick up a copy somewhere. I have no idea if Westword is available outside of Denver.
The story is an even handed treatment of the D&RGRHF controversy with the town of Creede. There is much new information, such as Don Shank's funding. As most of Westword's articles, it is a long in-depth report. I'm sorry that I can't tell you more of what's in it - don't have the time.
I have been following the recent news of this line at the Alamosa Courier's web site [www.zwire.com] . But the Westword story is far more informative.
I allways wondered why Westword never ran a story on the C&TS vs. Bartholomew mess. It would have made good reading.
These three stories along with the new STB report of the Trinidad line makes it appear that Colorado tourist railroads are much more important than they seem - huh?
Subject Author Posted

Creede vs. Shank in Westword? - 3rd of 3 stories

Sam March December 13, 2000 02:18PM

Re: Creede vs. Shank in Westword? - 3rd of 3 stori

Fred T December 14, 2000 07:36AM

Duane Richardson December 14, 2000 02:06PM

Fred T December 14, 2000 02:41PM

O. Anderson December 14, 2000 04:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.