Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Greg Scholl

November 06, 2000 02:37PM
I usually like to read all of the articles in TRAINS and sometimes I read stories that I disagree with. Ed Kings’ article was one of them. Your rebuttal in the December, 2000, Trains magazine is right on target. I have a cabinet full of train video’s. I don’t like some of the videos very much because of the poor quality of the dubbing and I don’t like the ones that have music on them but I almost always like what I see on the screen (even if it is bouncy, fuzzy or poorly lighted) because I can see things that are either no longer happening or happen at a place that I cannot be. I am as careful as I can be to avoid purchasing any video that has Diesel’s in it because that requires a lot of fast forwarding (as far as I am concerned if you’ve seen, heard or smelled a diesel you seen, heard or smelled them all). I am a steam nut (read; foamer) and the only way to feed my need, when I can’t get to the real thing, is to view (and hopefully hear) a good quality video. My addiction is so strong that I even own tapes showing standard gauge power.
I am not sure how you and other produces make a living selling $29 tapes but I am glad that you do. There has been many a time in my past when I could not buy the more expensive tapes and I have either missed some things I wanted or I have had to wait (I don’t wait well) till I could afford to buy them. It is one of my lifelong regrets that I have never been able to go railroading so I try to satisfy that desire with books and tapes and trips to Chama.
Thanks for putting into print what I have been thinking.
~Hoss
Subject Author Posted

Greg Scholl

Hoss November 06, 2000 02:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.