Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thank you Friends of the C&TS

October 26, 2000 05:32PM
I think all preservationists and narrow gauge enthusiasts owe the Friends of the C&TS a great deal of thanks for stepping into the breach left behind by Black Bart.
I first started coming to this board last year about this time, when the Commission finally came to its senses and booted Bartholomew. Over the past year I've read a great many messages about what the Friends were doing, what some thought they should have done, criticisms about things not going right, and cheering about things going good. But I don't think I've really seen anyone actually thank them for all the blood, sweat, toil, and tears the past 8 or 9 months have represented for them.
I was in some trepidation at the beginning of the year while I was planning my Colorado trip, whether I'd be able to visit an operating railroad or just a static collection. If things really were as bad as I've heard (and I've no doubt they were) then the Friends have performed an amazing turn-around.
Thank you, Friends, for taking that gigantic leap of faith. It wasn't easy nor was it a sure bet you'd succeed. Now that there's a season of operation under your belt, you can breathe a little easier and start looking forward to next year.
Subject Author Posted

Thank you Friends of the C&TS

James Patten October 26, 2000 05:32PM

You're right

RBrinton October 26, 2000 06:14PM

Ditto and more!

Greg Scholl October 26, 2000 09:08PM

Re: Thank you Friends of the C&TS

G. W. Laepple October 27, 2000 05:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.