Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ET&WNC October 16, 2000 *PIC*

October 22, 2000 09:34AM
Our weekend on the reconstructed ET&WNC narrow gauge in Doe River Gorge was a huge sucess.
October 14, 15, and 16th we made 28 trips from Hampton to Pardee Point and back with the Vulcan 2-4-4 "Rachel" pulling five work cars and two motorcars. We could haul between 40-50 people on each trip, depending on how many fat women we had.
There is a runaround track at Pardee Point. We would cut off the steam engine there and let the motorcars run around the train. Coming back we let the rear motorcar keep the slack pulled out and bulldog down the hill with the independent. It was not the best way to have a train but it did work out OK this time. We will have an air-brake equipped coach before next spring.
I put up a couple of pages of photos from October 16 that Steve Eidt made. That link will take you to them.
Sounds like you all had a fine sucessful season on the C&TS. I think that is great and admire you all for taking the ball and running with it. I bet you will have a lot more sucesses in the next few years!!
Maybe we can load up ol' Rachel and try her out in that thin air at Cumbres Pass!
Ken Riddle
Subject Author Posted

ET&WNC October 16, 2000 *PIC*

Ken Riddle October 22, 2000 09:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.