Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Photos from Antonito

May 20, 2005 12:15PM
Hi John,
As Curt posted, he has posted on the Friends website some of the pictures I took while working in Antonito last week. Ted Smith took a number of pictures as did others. I am the first one to get home and be able to access the internet to get them out. I will be providing more pictures to Carlos and to the gote to sorta spread them around. I took over 200 shots so had to edit them a little lest you all fall asleep looking at dirt, concrete and EMT conduit.
So keep watching for more Antonito photos, but don't forget there was serious work going on in Chama as well. I post this stuff from work and unfortunately my employer expects me to actually DO something here besides heat-up my keyboard pounding out messages and picture files for my 'hobby' so sometimes there is a delay before I get things sent out.
As John Cole said in his post a LOT of effort was put in to the electrical project. Everyone gave 120% and worked far beyond the normal 7-8 hour work session. I may have designed the installation but it would not have happened without the committment and dedication of the crew. My personal thanks to John Engs, team leader, Marshall Smith, Russ Hanscom, John Cole, Roger Breeding, and Noreen Breeding with occasional help from Ted Smith as well. Bob Tully said we had to get this done so that he did not have to short change the preservation crews people-wise in the June and August work sessions. I am very gratified that we were able to accomplish what amounted to 2 weeks of work in a little over 6 days and did so working in the same space as the concrete crew who also did a heckuva job as well.
There more projects we get done the more ideas and requests that seem to come up. Nemisis[sic] should ask what he/she/it has done for the C&TS. Lip-service is cheap and self-serving. Forgiveness would be unconditionally forthcoming if he/she would like to come out and exercise some muscles and eat a little rail yard dust in return for the satisfaction of helping to preserve a priceless piece of Americana. Spend a week with some of the nicest people I have known and you'll see what the Friends is all about.
Regards,
Mark Valerius
Subject Author Posted

Photos from Antonito

John Sporseen May 16, 2005 09:17PM

John Cole May 16, 2005 11:35PM

Carlos Llamas May 17, 2005 05:42PM

Re: Photos from Antonito *LINK*

Curt Bianchi May 20, 2005 10:35AM

Mark Valerius May 20, 2005 12:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.