Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kansas Central r-0-w tour

October 18, 2000 10:33AM
NOVEMBER 11, 2000, the Topeka Chapter N.R.H.S. will sponsor one of Robbie Chitwood's abandoned lines tours. To be covered will be the Santa Fe from Cummings to Leavenworth, then follow the former Kansas Central narrow gauge right of way from Leavenworth to Holton ( the line west of Holton will be covered at a later date).
Of particular interest to narrow gauge fans will be a visit to the Santa Fe and KC cuts in Government Hill and to see the only narrow gauge box car body (that I know of) left in Kansas.
Tour will leave from the parking lot of GAGE BOWL NORTH, located on the north side of US-24, a block or two east of Kansas Ave. Departure will be at 8yawning smileyo a.m. sharp and should return about 6:00 p.m. Lunch will be individual settlement at the Pullman Palace restaurant in Leavenworth.
For more info on the KC, see the recent book KANSAS CENTRAL NARROW GAUGE by Imre Quastler and its companion UP, WEST FROM LEAVENWORTH published by South Platte Press. If you don't have a copy, I will try to have some extras for sale at the start of the trip.
We would like to hear from you, if you plan to go in order that we can let those involved know of the number of people/cars to expect. Contact me off site or at 785-379-5739.
Hope to see all you narrow minded folks there!
Subject Author Posted

Kansas Central r-0-w tour

Art Gibson October 18, 2000 10:33AM

Re: Kansas Central r-0-w tour

Randy Hees October 18, 2000 10:40PM

Ron Rudnick October 18, 2000 11:42PM

Greg Maxwell October 19, 2000 03:37PM

Randy Hees October 19, 2000 08:52PM

Greg Maxwell October 19, 2000 10:49PM

Ted Miles October 20, 2000 12:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.