Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm a conservative, not an anarchist!

Wade Hall
October 14, 2000 08:47AM
There is a big difference between being a conservative in favor of wise fiscal management (I am one) and being an out-an-out anarchist. Amendment 21 is an ANARCHIST amendment.
As a political conservative, the thing I REALLY hate about 21 is that it will destroy the most efficient, responsive, and locally controlled levels of government, that of the small special districts. Statewide, these entities are generally made up of volunteer boards, often volunteer workers (think about the volunteer fire department, for example) which use their tax revenue mostly to buy supplies, equipment, and the services they can't get from volunteers.
If Amendment 21 passes, these districts will have to either disband (who will provide their services?), or become a ward of the state for funding. How well do you suppose the local Conejos County fire district will compete against, say the Douglas County fire districts in that arena?
I'm all for more efficient government. You don't get it by destroying the level that is most efficient and closest to the people! Make no mistake, Amendment 21 will do just that.
My own opinion as a private citizen.
Subject Author Posted

More State Money? Danger Ahead!

LongtimeLurker October 12, 2000 02:24AM

Re: More State Money? Danger Ahead!

Howard Bunte October 12, 2000 09:26AM

Wade Hall October 12, 2000 07:44PM

George Gaskill October 13, 2000 11:21AM

Jim Burrill October 13, 2000 01:59PM

RBrinton October 13, 2000 03:04PM

Here are some links.

Sam March October 13, 2000 03:55PM

I'm a conservative, not an anarchist!

Wade Hall October 14, 2000 08:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.