Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FRA and other stuff

PRSL
October 29, 2004 03:16PM
Thanks Jim for the interesting review of the possiblities of GLRR,Inc. using the ng equipment in the Gorge. If the rail height was the problem, there is a possibility of installing derail bars under the equipment. Then if it derailed, it would ride on the support bars. This is a common installation on Section Motor cars but would be a challenge to put on a Shay.
Regarding your statement; "As for the replica Edwards car in WV I know for a fact that it is built to FRA spec and left Florida with a Blue Card." I'll break my own interest to only post here on a known subject. So I am not sure but I learned that the Edwards Rail car does not have a frame extending under the cab section of the car. In every collision that the original cars were ever involved in, it killed the operator. The windows are not safety mounted glass. The draft gear are not to FRA requirements and it does not have tight-lock couplers. Was the Blue card just for the one way move to the WVC lines?
So if the car is okay FRA, then why is the derail required to block the track at High Falls, WV?
I don't work there so am not versed on this subject. Where the story come from that the Edward car is not okay by FRA if you feel it is?
Subject Author Posted

Re: FRA and other stuff

PRSL October 29, 2004 03:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.