Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Headin East from Gunnison"

April 23, 2001 12:30PM
Back to work (where the computer is) and will try to do more reports on the Structures of the D&RGW- in between "bad back days".
If there is still interest in this info.
To the list member who sent an E-mail demanding answers, I zapped your address before responding;
As for the info ,it comes word for word right out of the D&RGW accounting books, as for verification, whats written in the book is what is presented, if the info dosn't agree with what you were told, I see nothing stopping you from responding to the list,and adding info.Isn't what these lists are for? And where did you get the idea that I lived on the East coast? Born in Colorado in 55 and still here.
As for being an expert-know it all on the Narrow Gauge , I dont belive I ever stated that I was one,and for that matter who would be? On my list would be Richardson,(general) Sloan(ft.cars) Danneman(pass.cars) but there can be many others)and I would have to say that, when it comes to operations of the railroad, Earl K. and John Coker, would be the ones with the most knowledge.
As for making copies of items in my collection, I will do if people ask , but you wanted copies of the whole books and all of the train orders,and all of the station records, well pal thats a lot of copying, and it ain't free! Heres a hint, if you would like a copy of something, that someone on this or any other list has, you mite offer to pay for the copies and the shipping.
Now I turned you down on copies of photos and slides, as the bulk of my collection was taken in the 40s-50s&60s by others, and with out their permission I won't make copys, its that simple.
Also I spend 8 to 18 hours a day behind cameras, or in the darkroom, so taking as you say "Just a couple of moments to print something up" for you won't be as high on my list of things to do when I get home as in seeing the little women or heading down to the layout room! Oh ya photos and scans arn't free either, again you mite offer to pay or make copys of something in your collection, Thats known as trading information.
Depending on the back and or work, Most times I would be happy to have a slide show, or even play on the layout.
You stated that "if I was such a know it all " Why didn't I write this stuff up for the Gazzette-its a time issue for one, and I have another issue with that. I am writing up some stuff for the new D&RGW Hist. and Modeling Soc.,(And I do write for the D&SL "Corona") but until then I'll just post stuff on this list.
Thats not the Hammer and Sickle flag flying on the flag pole-You don't have to read it!
Subject Author Posted

"Headin East from Gunnison"

John Templeton April 23, 2001 12:30PM

Requests from the "Know-it-all"

Herb Kelsey April 23, 2001 12:50PM

Re: Requests from the "Know-it-all"

rdmstr April 23, 2001 05:16PM

Re: Requests from the "Know-it-all"

Art Gibson April 23, 2001 10:32PM

Re: "Headin East from Gunnison"

matt j. April 24, 2001 08:37AM

A fine old Irish toast...

El Coke April 24, 2001 09:27AM

Re: A fine old Irish toast...

John Templeton April 24, 2001 10:39AM

Re: Jerk of the Year

Fred T April 24, 2001 10:47AM

Re: Jerk of the Year

Mik April 24, 2001 03:58PM

Ten percenters

El Coke April 24, 2001 04:24PM

Re: Ten percenters

Agente de la Estacion Terrapin April 24, 2001 06:45PM

Re: Ten percenters

Michael Allen April 24, 2001 07:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.