Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Trains magazine

April 22, 2001 02:31PM
Well, I just got my advertiser copy of June Trains in Yesterday and there is a photo spread of some of Link's shots(other than N&W). There are 6 images,including Pennsy, NYC, MP, and Texas & Pacific. So he made it to Texas and Louisiana, but I would venture to say he doesn't have all that much western. His business in New York made it somewhat handy to do the N&W, and while he is known for doing a lot on that railroad, there was still a lot of areas of the N&W he never touched, like the western portions of it. But, when you have the Shenandoah Valley line, and Blue Ridge closer to NY why go further west. Side note I got a copy of his first book "Night Trick" as a boy from the N&W station agent in Batavia.
My favorite shot in the new Trains is the shot of the Long Island G5 from what looks like an overpass, and the mast of a semaphore in the lower corner. The T&P shot is #707 on a turntable with the table operator working the controls....typical Link human interest shot. Maybe Mr. West will get this issue someday too :}
Greg Scholl
Subject Author Posted

Did Link ever travel out west?

Wade Harris April 22, 2001 12:26PM

New Trains magazine

Greg Scholl April 22, 2001 02:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.