Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PULL TOGETHER ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND!

August 26, 2004 07:11PM
There has been endless discussion about taking action regarding the Georgetown Loop RR/CHS mess. To my knowledge, only a select few have actually taken action (this excludes writing letters, which many, many people have done, THANK YOU!). I am asking that we do actually, "for real" PULL TOGETHER, as previous posts have discussed, but on a greater scale. On Labor Day weekend, we need to have groups of every foamer, every railfan, railroader and interested persons to gather together at several locations, to protest what the CHS is doing to the viability of the Loop, and the towns of Georgetown and Silver Plume.
I am not just talking about gathering at only one location, because this may not generate the awareness that we need right now. The truth of this whole illogical mess needs to be spread loudly, swiftly, and abundantly to as many people and areas as possible.
The gathering locations are the Colorado State Capital and the CHS headquarters on Broadway in Denver. We also should have groups present at the Devil's Gate Boarding Area and Silver Plume Depot on site at the Georgetown Loop.
This is last minute, and I apologize for this, but we need to make some noise about this horrible drama which is playing itself towards the destruction of not only the Loop Railroad, but the economy and well-being of Clear Creek County and surrounding areas. We need to make news! I am not suggesting some wild, uncontrolled rant throught the steets of Denver or Clear Creek County, but a strong protest, which can say a lot just by the number of participants we have present. If we fail to make A LOT OF RACKET, IT WILL COME BACK TO BITE US at the end of the year, and especially at the (non-existant) beginning of next season.
Thank you all for your consideration and input on this possible tragedy. If you would like to help, or have questions about what we are doing, please call either myself or Ryan Davis at the numbers below.
SAVE THE LOOP!
Shane
Shane Schabow
(720)-839-5998
hane.Schabow@Colorado.EDU">Shane.Schabow@Colorado.EDU
Ryan Davis
(303)-781-2041
Subject Author Posted

PULL TOGETHER ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND!

Shane Schabow August 26, 2004 07:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.