Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Shop Update...and web browsers.

Duane Richardson
July 07, 2004 08:09AM
John,
I do web page development on the side and I get this complaint alot. I don't know what browser you are using but most have a setting that will load the page each time from the web instead of memory. The default on most browsers, usually, is set to load a page from memory if it doesn't think that the page has changed. It will make your web surfing faster by not having to download the page again but you have problems like the one you described.
For example, if you are using IE for your browser you can click on 'Tools', and then 'Internet Options'. On the 'General' tab is a section titled 'Temporary Internet Files'. Click on the 'Settings' button. Chances are that under 'Check For Newer Versions Of Stored Pages' the one selected is 'Automatically'. To change that click on 'Every Visit To The Page'. This will slow down your surfing some but it will give you the version on the website and not what your PC thinks is the correct version from the past.
Most browser have a similar setting...you may have to nose around a little to find it but it can be helpful.
I hope this helps,
Duane
Subject Author Posted

Shop Update

John Sporseen July 05, 2004 08:22AM

Re: Shop Update *LINK*

John Sporseen July 05, 2004 08:24AM

Re: Shop Update "preview"?

Mark Valerius July 06, 2004 01:14PM

Re: Shop Update...and web browsers.

Duane Richardson July 07, 2004 08:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.