Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Homeland Security & rail passengers

May 20, 2004 06:50PM
Bill, I'm like you, I believe that if the powers that be had more faith in the ordinary citizen,the
bad guys would have a lot rougher time. After all' the bad guys represent a pretty small perentage of our population which automatically puts the advantage on our side if we are given the means to react.
There hasn't been a successful air hikacking in
Israel in 24 years thanks to the passengers taking out the hijackers. In Israel they have Concealed Carry. In fact, after 9/11 they issued 60,000 more permits. A retired police officer being interviewed about this was asked "What about the criminals?." His reply,"Every criminal who wants a weapon already has one."(Just like here)
How would this work in train travel? The same percentages apply aboard the train, but outside, on the crossings, bridges, and so on, having friendly observers helping watch is essential and is the reason the RRs should encourage the Fans to help them.
Would you believe that on one of the last steam
fan trips out of St Louis' Union station there was a yard bull running around telling us "NO
PICTURES". He and I went to the trip managers and the RR Police to get this straightened out, By that time the train was ready to pull out.
A lot of the fans missed the chance to get their pictures because they obeyed this clown.
Jim
Subject Author Posted

Homeland Security & rail passengers

roger hogan May 20, 2004 03:55PM

BillKepner May 20, 2004 04:31PM

Jim Adams May 20, 2004 06:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.