Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Railfest 2003 DVD's About Ready *LINK*

May 19, 2004 10:18AM
Those DVD's I promised I'd make are just about ready, after finishing it up during school (I'd only work on it for about 2 hrs a week, I think I have a real product that you all can actually Have.
The DVD is about 55 minuets long, and no narration (execpt for the parts where you can hear me talking to other people, sorry, couldnt edit that out.) It begins with 486 and 482 pulling into the station with the daily trains and the 486 doing a little switching with its train. It then cuts to all the roundhouse action with 473 on and off the turntable, plus 4, 486, and 482 all taking their turn on the table also.
Day 2 begins with the Eureka pulling into position in the Durango Depot with it's train in tow. From there on it's all 473 as it emerges from the yard, and we ride the First Silverton Train to Silverton. A few shots at various spots along the line, a little bouncy, but it will do (it is a ROCKING train).
Day 3 begins right next to the old Highway department building (now Wells Fargo) in Durango as we watch 480 depart and chase Eureka from there to below Animas View Drive and Home Ranch Siding. We leave the Eureka there and backtrack to the Animas river bridge in town where we witness the 486 and 473 both with trains in tow, leave town. I placed numerous shots of the 473 both pacing and passing us on the way to Hermosa. After filming her assaulting the grade at the crossing, we head up to Shalona Lake to record it's passing there. We leave the railroad and once again meet up with it at the lower end of Bakers Park where 480, 486, and 473 all grace us with their presence. We also take a small execursion on the Galloping Goose to Elk Park with the 473 passing us there on its way home.
I'm still wondering on how much to sell them for right now, so I'll need to debate about that. BTW also, I've reverted back to my Hotmail address since my folks pulled the plug on AOL riograndedude@hotmail.com.
PS, my junior year is ending here at Cienega HIgh, and my website will be removed from the server at the end of the year. Please, if you have not taken a look, take it now.
Subject Author Posted

Railfest 2003 DVD's About Ready *LINK*

William Diehl May 19, 2004 10:18AM

Re: Railfest 2003 DVD's About Ready

Ted Yarbrough May 19, 2004 05:11PM

Tom Kneib May 20, 2004 12:11PM

William Diehl May 25, 2004 11:45AM

MAKE THAT "READY" *NM*

William Diehl May 25, 2004 11:46AM

Ted Yarbrough May 25, 2004 03:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.