Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

C&TS

Bob
February 13, 2004 10:12AM
Why has the C&TS RR Commission again leased the C&TS to the "Friends of the C&TS"? The "Friends" are bankrupt and have no master plan to run the railroad other than year to year. In December, I submit a plan to operate the railroad for a five year period. (Unbeknownst to me-the Commission had already entered into an "under-the-table agreement with the "Friends"). The Friends lost, over the past season, $340,000! How? Incompetent management. Since 2000, the Friends have lost over 75% of the customers, and have done very little maintaince. They were down to ONE engine for most of last year! How did they manage that? I submitted a plan to manage the railroad-for zero profit to me-and in exchange, I would have furnished $31 Million in cash, cash grants, equipment, (Rail, ties, track maintaince equipment, etc), and professional rail managers. And all the Commission had to do is come up with $14 Million over the Five year period. I simply do not know why I was turned down, when the railroad is struggling just to exist. And, most importantly, I had a professional tour group ready to step in and provide advertising, ticketing, and promotions. Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind the Commissions actions?
Subject Author Posted

C&TS

Bob February 13, 2004 10:12AM

Re: C&TS

Smitty February 13, 2004 12:50PM

Re: C&TS

Don Richter February 13, 2004 01:06PM

Credibility

Dave Bates February 13, 2004 04:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.