Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: C&TSRR = Cumbres Pass = Today

February 26, 2020 08:25AM
Roger Hogan Wrote:

> I guess the question is " Will they make it as far
> as Cumbres Pass.

I assume that someone from the railroad (probably John Bush) has taken a run up the line in a snowmobile and surveyed the depth and consistency of the snow at various points. Based on that information and his experience, I'm guessing he has a pretty good idea how far they can go, assuming nothing goes wrong with the equipment.

I have heard from various sources that the plan is to plow no farther than the CO State Line on Saturday. That part of the route offers the most photo opportunities and Saturday should be the best weather day. On Sunday, my understanding is that they go as far as they can go. Obviously, the concern there is that much of the route will be invisible to the patrons from the highway. If they make Coxo, there should be good views there. Depending on the depth and density of the snow, your question about whether or not they make it to the pass is a good one. It's a long, hard climb from Coxo to the pass and the snow is likely to be deepest there. If the stuff is like concrete, I don' t think it's a given that they make the top of the hill.

/Kevin Madore
Subject Author Posted

C&TSRR = Cumbres Pass = Today Attachments

Roger Hogan February 25, 2020 02:42PM

Jimr260 February 25, 2020 03:03PM

Roger Hogan February 25, 2020 06:29PM

guymonmd February 26, 2020 05:30AM

Roger Hogan February 26, 2020 07:45AM

KevinM February 26, 2020 08:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login