Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Edaville RR

July 11, 2000 01:58PM
I visited the new Edaville RR last week and saw a great deal of activity. The excursion train was 6 cars pulled by a diesel. However its looking like the Fiji Islands sugar loco will be up and running soon.
Does anyone have any history on the ERR#10 and ERR#11 displayed near the station building? They are 0-4-0s built by H.K.Porter. The Shops are builting a number of new passenger cars from 3 cars obtained from the long gone High Country RR a 24" line that once existed near Denver. Other rolling stock on the train from Edaville Shops. I saw B&SR 26, a much rebuilt car (rebuilt after a fire in the mid 1980s) seems to be the only original Maine car on the property. Saw it in Portland in 1998.
It was great to see the Railroad active again! Not many tourist lines/museums get a second chance.
The two Plymouth Cordage Co engines are still in the museum, one of them built by Baldwin in 1873! The compressed air engine built in the 1920s.
B&SR#7 was in the shop but not being worked on, Still pushing legal paper on that one I guess.
Ted Miles
Subject Author Posted

Edaville RR

ted Miles July 11, 2000 01:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.