Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A clarification

Don Richter
July 05, 2000 01:50PM
It's become apparrent that I made a poor choice of words yesterday in describing John's departure as co-host of this BBS, and I'd like to clarify myself.
John is going to spend the next two weeks celebrating his retirement on a cruse to Alaska (lucky bugger) and will therefore have limited access to the net. We were in contact yesterday and there was a mutual sense of frustration that something needed to be done and I came up with the idea of trying to separate any apparrent ties between the NGDF and the RGRPC. Since I didn't know when was leaving or when I'd be able to get in contact with him I decided to remove him as co-host without checking with him first. That is where the the "unilateral decision" part of my posting came from. I just didn't know when I'd be able to check the idea out with him. We've been in contact today and, in his words, I "read his mind" and he's in agreement with the decision although it's "with a twinge of regret". I did not "fire" him, I simply wasn't sure that I could consult with him or suggest he maybe consider putting aside his co-host hat in a time frame I was happy with.
I would like to apologize for any confusion this may have caused. I'm fairly sure John will continue to be active here, although probably not over the next couple of weeks.
Don
Subject Author Posted

A clarification

Don Richter July 05, 2000 01:50PM

Re: A clarification

Dave Boyer July 05, 2000 03:26PM

Les Clark July 05, 2000 05:20PM

Roger Hogan July 05, 2000 05:24PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.