Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bridgton #7 Test Fired in Maine!

April 02, 2018 06:51AM
As many of you know, the volunteer Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company & Museum has been working for many years to restore one of the two extant Bridgton & Harrison Baldwins to service. The 33-ton #7 has always been a favorite with 2-foot aficionados, and would be the largest of the Maine 2-footers to be back up and running. Their folks have been posting progress updates on the project over on the WW&F Forum, and recent updates have been very encouraging......but I had no idea they were this far along. Their Steam Ops Manager, Jay Monty, has just posted a YouTube video indicating that a test fire was done this Easter Weekend at the shops of Maine Locomotive & Machine up in Alna, ME. During this test, the locomotive actually moved for the first time under its own power since 2003.

Bridgton #7 Test Fire

This is an incredible accomplishment for this team. This engine is twice the size of any of the running Maine 2-footers, and is a most impressive locomotive to see in operation. All of my photos of her are on film, so it's been a while!

Bridgton #7 in Portland

Big shout-out to the folks at the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company & Museum and Maine Locomotive & Machine. At some point in the not-too-distant future, this pretty Baldwin will be back in service in Maine!

/Kevin Madore
Subject Author Posted

Bridgton #7 Test Fired in Maine!

KevinM April 02, 2018 06:51AM

Re: Bridgton #7 Test Fired in Maine!

John Meixel April 02, 2018 06:59AM

Re: Bridgton #7 Test Fired in Maine! Attachments

Stewart Rhine April 02, 2018 07:22AM

Michael Moore April 02, 2018 10:00AM

elecuyer April 02, 2018 10:11AM

Jeff Taylor April 02, 2018 10:21AM

narrowgaugejoe10 April 05, 2018 08:58AM

Re: Bridgton #7 Test Fired in Maine! Attachments

philip.marshall April 05, 2018 09:31AM

Stewart Rhine April 05, 2018 01:14PM

Re: Comparing WW&F #7 Attachments

Stephen Hussar April 06, 2018 05:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login