Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

South Park Mason Bogies - Eames Brakes Question

February 25, 2018 08:42PM
Hello all,

I've been studying the DSP&P Mason Bogies and I've hit a dead end on a detail regarding the Eames vacuum brakes... Specifically how the vacuum cylinder below the cab was actually connected to the brake linkage on the truck beneath the tender. I'm in the process of creating 3D models of these engines for the Open Rails train simulator (which Herb Kelsey is a fellow enthusiast and has shared screenshots on here before of the virtual world), and in any of the modeling projects I've done in the past I always like to be as technically correct as I possible can.

When I started this project I purchased a set of the Art Wallace prints, as well as gathering numerous other pieces of info. scattered around the web. The best that any drawing ever seems to show is the brake cylinder pointed up and to the rear, with the link attached to it pointing up and toward the rear also until it seemingly disappears into the bottom of the tender tank - the actual attachment points between the cylinder and the brake links on the truck don't ever appear to be shown anywhere... So, I have to wonder - was this a curved link that passed up and over the swivel point then back down to the rear of the truck, or were there any other levers or pivot points between the cylinder and where it attached to the links on the truck?

If anyone has any insight into this it would be greatly appreciated! And just for fun, to give everyone an idea of what I'm working on a render of the model in process is attached.

BogiePort-10.jpg
Subject Author Posted

South Park Mason Bogies - Eames Brakes Question Attachments

midneguy February 25, 2018 08:42PM

Re: South Park Mason Bogies - Eames Brakes Question

John Meixel February 26, 2018 07:16AM

Re: South Park Mason Bogies - Eames Brakes Question Attachments

midneguy February 27, 2018 08:18PM

Re: South Park Mason Bogies - Eames Brakes Question Attachments

philip.marshall February 27, 2018 11:17PM

Re: South Park Mason Bogies - Eames Brakes Question

Ted miles February 27, 2018 10:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login