Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Central City shenanigans

February 23, 2018 04:50PM
During the time when WSLCo #14 was at CC we were running it and the three "Circus Cars". We made 6 trips a day. During the trip down a stop was made at a spot overlooking CC and a spiel was given by the Conductor. Another spiel was given by the Conductor in the tight curve at the site of the Mountain City trestle. The purpose of the spiels was to lengthen the time a trip took due to the track being so short. One weekend Dee Brown (old R.I. hogger) was running, I was firing and Bill Farquahar was Conductor. The trips were particularly boring for the engine crew on the down trip so Dee and I hatched a "plan". When we stopped in the tight curve at the end of track I snuck alongside the engine to the joint between the #14 and the first car and pulled the pin. After the spiel Bill gave us a highball, we signaled back, whistled and left leaving the cars. The look on bills face was a trip. Well, the joke was on Dee and I because when we finally backed to the train the angle in the curve wouldn't let me make the joint! I had to put air in them to shove to the very end of track so I could get the joint. Oh well, it was good for a laugh on a VERY monotonous job. JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2018 06:41PM by jim pallow.
Subject Author Posted

Central City shenanigans

jim pallow February 23, 2018 04:50PM

Re: Central City shenanigans

Rick Steele February 26, 2018 11:14AM

Re: Central City shenanigans

MD Ramsey February 26, 2018 11:58AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login