Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sumpter Railroad Police Badge

rod
December 02, 2017 09:52AM
I would agree with Dave this definitely looks to be a fake as the workmanship looks like a cheap Chinese reproduction. Convenient how they can just replace the Sumpter Valley center button and presto it becomes D&RGW, RGS or ?

Also look at the seller who has several other badges currently for sale that look like a similar fake to my old eyes. Also he just cuts and pastes the description so how many more does he have? See below for a similar listing and buyer beware that ORs were also used to row the boat that George Washington used to cross the Potomac. His only real claim is size and color :

Please read entire listing: This badge is OBSOLETE and meets eBay guidelines for historical badges. It does not resemble a modern or current law enforcement badge, is a historical piece that is either 75 years old or older OR the item is defunct/obsolete OR from a now-defunct organization. It has no police powers, and is sold as a collectable, historic piece of police history. It is the purchasers responsibility to obey all local, state and federal laws.

I buy all my items from estate and yard sales here in Pennsylvania. I am not an expert in badges. There is no makers markings on the back. I am not certain if this is real or a replica so I decided to auction it off here on Ebay and let the buyers decide per bids. I can tell you exactly what I do know for certain and please as buyers look at all my pictures up close and bid accordingly. This is silver in color and says “Special Agent Union Pacific 12” It measures 2 1/4" Tall. If you have any questions please ask me prior to any bids. All items sold as is.

My 2 1/2 cents.

Rod
Subject Author Posted

Sumpter Railroad Police Badge Attachments

UnknownIdaho December 01, 2017 02:03PM

J.B.Bane December 01, 2017 02:32PM

SMITTY December 01, 2017 02:43PM

dave2-8-0 December 01, 2017 05:43PM

rod December 02, 2017 09:52AM

UnknownIdaho December 02, 2017 10:09AM

bcp December 02, 2017 10:56AM

drgw9 December 02, 2017 11:23AM

kcsivils December 02, 2017 01:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login