Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Tourist train in Trinidad

June 21, 2000 02:26PM
I found the following article very interesting in the Monday paper. John Reed and Rail Ventures was one of the unsuccessful bidders for the C&Ts. Will this reduce ridership on the C&Ts? Does anyone have more information?
Tourist train proposed Between old mine John Reed; Rail Ventures Inc.
TRINIDAD (AP)-If all goes as planned, a steam locomotive pulling tourist-filled passenger cars could begin running between Jansen and the Elk Mine property by the end of summer.
John Reed of Rail Ventures Inc. said during a public meeting earlier this week that the 32-mile route along Colorado 12, the Highway of Legends, would use a train similar to that used on the popular Durango to Silverton tourist train. He said the steam engine and coaches would be brought to Colorado from Kansas City, Mo.
Reed said the proposed Jansen Junction & Stonewall Valley Railroad could bring 70,000 tourists to the area annually, with an economic benefit of $17.9 million.ยท Forty to 60 jobs would be created by the train, which would run two trips a day from late May to Christmas, Reed said.
Reed said the rails should not require much repair.
I saw an opportunity in this rail line here and felt it had some potential as a tourist attraction and historic attraction." he said..
Subject Author Posted

New Tourist train in Trinidad

Frank Y June 21, 2000 02:26PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.