Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Has anyone heard from Doug van Veelen?

July 08, 2017 12:21AM
Hi,

There's lots of programs out there that the Feds and the States have to help out. All well meaning but no common person knows where they are or a single web site that might lead to most of the others.

The hospital has had two a physical Therapist and another person meeting with me since I was discharged. This other person has several leads that might work out for disability or Medicaid. She is quite knowlegable about finding help for the needy. She says that she might be able to get someone to fix the shower I have to make it safe enough for me to take a shower again instead of a washcloth sponge bath at the sink.

One person contacted my by phone today (Danged if I recall who what where she is) says she thinks she can help me get Medicaid.

I think I've found a way into all the different help and aid programs at the state and fed programs that are available.

Thank you, George, for tying to help out and allow me to put all the happenings of the past 3 days into prespective. It gets confusing but trying to think it through I had not realized how I was positioned for positive movement. The hugh mountain to cross to get to November 14 is the issue but it is also "ONLY" 4 months.

I turn 62 in November, and can collect the 75% social security. When I graduated Georgia Tech in 1980 with BSEE and BS Civil Engineering, I never thought I'd have problems getting a job and the brain tumor in 2000 really caused problems.

I want to be a contributing member of society. I am currently trying to get a design for Silverton baggage express 5 for HOn3 (ex-D&RG). I am also trying for Silverton RR combine Red Mountain. I hope there is a market for some sales if I can get it into production.

Thanks.

Doug vV

--------------------------
Carrie Fisher quotes:

Instant gratification takes too long.

I was street smart, but unfortunately the street was Rodeo Drive.

--------------------------

Luna Lovelace (Harry Potter):

I sleepwalk you know that's why I wear shoes to bed.
Subject Author Posted

Has anyone heard from Doug van Veelen?

John Cole June 28, 2017 10:06PM

C&TS488fan June 29, 2017 07:17AM

philip.marshall June 29, 2017 02:47PM

John Cole July 02, 2017 10:03PM

philip.marshall July 03, 2017 12:16AM

dougvv July 03, 2017 12:23AM

Charlie Mutschler July 03, 2017 07:36AM

philip.marshall July 06, 2017 11:08PM

dougvv July 07, 2017 01:05AM

CharlieMcCandless July 07, 2017 07:13PM

dougvv July 07, 2017 10:34PM

GeorgeGaskill July 07, 2017 11:33PM

dougvv July 08, 2017 12:21AM

Herb Kelsey July 06, 2017 01:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login