Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

drawings wanted for Uintah locos number 30 and 40 and shays

May 04, 2017 07:28AM
Some of you may remember I am building a 3d simulation model of the Uintah railway in the simulator software called trainz, I do not have the time to learn how to make the models as it will take several years to make the environment alone, to build all the buildings as well would probably take me closer to a decade ( 3d consumes gigantic amounts of time to master ) .

I have a 3D model maker doing buildings and he's now made most of Mack , Dragon ,Carbonera, Watson and Atchee's main structures .

He also created the rolling stock a few years back.

So I have a lot of the assets needed to make a decent model of the route. There is one area that I am a little short of though..... and that is motive power . There are good models of the tank engines , but the 2-8-2s , 2-8-0s and the Shays are not represented . Unfortunately my model maker doesn't make locos.

I've approached another master model builder and he has said he will construct numbers 30 and 40 or the shays IF i can find him drawings of the locos so he can make them accurately

I have all the books on the railway and the Bender book has some decent drawings of numbers 30 and 40 was well as shay number 1 , the question is, can anyone give me a heads up as to where I might find more drawings with measurements - preferably builders plans .

I figure if anyone can help me find these plans, it will be here.
Subject Author Posted

drawings wanted for Uintah locos number 30 and 40 and shays

dan gavel May 04, 2017 07:28AM

Re: drawings wanted for Uintah locos number 30 and 40 and shays

Chris Walker May 04, 2017 02:37PM

Re: drawings wanted for Uintah locos number 30 and 40 and shays Attachments

dan gavel May 04, 2017 06:31PM

Chris Walker May 04, 2017 06:58PM

dan gavel May 04, 2017 07:49PM

dan gavel May 04, 2017 07:57PM

dan gavel May 09, 2017 07:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login