Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG green loco - B&O 25

March 17, 2017 09:44AM
dougvv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> How's this for a 160+ year old working loco?
>
> [url=http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&
> t=40500]The Baltimore & Ohio Railroad's 4-4-0
> "William Mason".[/url]
>
> FWIW
>
> Doug vV

Hi Doug,

Unfortunately, she is working no longer.

I visited the museum shortly after Mitch's visit and asked the docents about her progress. They informed me that after inspection, the crown sheet was found to need replacement and the surgery required was complex and expensive. For the foreseeable future, the restoration being done is cosmetic only. I was sad to hear the news. I had seen the locomotive a couple of times, but had never been fortunate enough to be there when she was operated. The few recent operations before the 1,472 expired were light engine only. The 25 was one of a very few wood-burners from mid-1800s that can still operate. The others that I am aware of are V&T #22 "Inyo", which operates once per year at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, E&P #4 "Eureka" which is currently undergoing a 1,472 and should operate again, and the recently restored Carson & Tahoe Lumber & Fluming Company #1 "Glenbrook", which operates at the Nevada State Railroad Museum. That's it, I think. If folks know of others, I am all ears. smiling smiley

/Kevin Madore
Subject Author Posted

NNG green loco - B&O 25

dougvv March 17, 2017 08:53AM

Re: NNG green loco - B&O 25

KevinM March 17, 2017 09:44AM

Re: Operational Wood-Burning Locos Attachments

Russo Loco March 17, 2017 12:43PM

Re: Operational Wood-Burning Locos

KevinM March 17, 2017 02:43PM

Re: Operational Wood-Burning Locos

santafe158 March 17, 2017 06:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login