Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another D&S oldie but kinda goodie

March 08, 2017 11:47PM avatar
DS473fromabove1000.jpg

I previously posted a picture of 473 on Dave and Jean Gross' 2009 D&S winter charter. This picture is another result of poking around some old files on the hard drive. The following year the D&S ran another winter photo train on their own with the 473, pictured above. The D&S trip was not a DRGW recreation, and everything was left D&S, including the the spark arrester. But It was an excellent trip with a LOT of snow, great weather, and good pix. Because of the depth of the snow, the D&S had sent a MOW train out the day before and crews (including I believe some volunteers) had dug out and tramped down paths through the snow at the (well) selected photo locations (I think Rich Milllard had learned well from Dave Gross) It they had not done that preparation getting that many folks on and off the train would have been a real problem, but it worked well. One thing I was really impressed with was this photo location on our return from Cascade. It was the last stop of the day since we had done the highline in the morning. As best as I can tell it is around MP470.5, although I could easily be wrong. The photo position was up a steep hillside. The D&S folks had tromped down a rather impressive pathway up the hill. But my real question is has this photo position been used by others. It is a nice afternoon shot but this is the only time on quite a few photo trips on the D&S that I can remember stopping here.

JBWX

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 11:49PM by John West.
Subject Author Posted

Another D&S oldie but kinda goodie Attachments

John West March 08, 2017 11:47PM

Re: Another D&S oldie but kinda goodie Attachments

jgunning March 09, 2017 08:49AM

Re: Another D&S oldie but kinda goodie

trainrider47 March 09, 2017 10:02AM

Re: Another D&S oldie but kinda goodie

John West March 09, 2017 10:39AM

Don't forget 2011....another good charter Attachments

John West March 09, 2017 03:48PM

Re: Don't forget 2011....another good charter

Russo Loco March 09, 2017 04:47PM

Silverton, Always a Mixed Train

hank March 10, 2017 09:35AM

Re: Don't forget 2011....another good charter Attachments

jgunning March 09, 2017 05:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login