Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maine Two-Foot Winter Steam Events 2017 (photos)

March 01, 2017 03:19AM avatar
In partnership with the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company and Boothbay Railway Village, the Wiscasset Waterville and Farmington Railway Museum hosted a pair of Maine Two-Footer Winter Steam Events, designed to provide unique photographic opportunities of winter operations typical a hundred years ago. Two different dates were held, January 14-15 and January 21-22, 2017. In addition to WW&F Rwy #9, Monson #3 was on the railroad and operated courtesy of the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company. Bridgton and Saco River coach #11 was also at the event courtesy of Boothbay Railway Village. The WW&F Rwy’s new turntable at Sheepscot was in operation allowing for photographic opportunities not possible on the railroad before. World-class lighting for the night shoot scenes was provided by museum volunteer Stephen Hussar and his staff.

I attended both weekends, with my primary focus being both the men who operate the equipment and the collection of operating oil lanterns at the museum. I incorporated both into my photographic compositions, striving to have the human element at the forefront of my images.

Worth noting is photo #33 – motorman Stewart Rhine with Railcar #4, a replica of SR&RL track crew car #2.
This image was captured with my 1951 Kodak Brownie Hawkeye vintage film camera.

Follow the link below to my gallery:

Link to Photographs

Enjoy,
Matthew
Subject Author Posted

Maine Two-Foot Winter Steam Events 2017 (photos)

mfmalk March 01, 2017 03:19AM

Re: Maine Two-Foot Winter Steam Events 2017 (photos)

Stephen Hussar March 01, 2017 06:28AM

Re: Maine Two-Foot Winter Steam Events 2017 (photos)

mfmalk March 01, 2017 07:52AM

Re: Maine Two-Foot Winter Steam Events 2017 (photos)thumbs upthumbs up

Stewart Rhine March 01, 2017 08:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login