Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bellevue and Cascade boxcar last seen in LaMotte, Iowa

February 12, 2017 10:15AM avatar
Sometime last year, the Bellevue and Cascade ex-Milwaukee Road narrow gauge boxcar that had been sitting next to the now-relocated La Motte, Iowa Depot was moved for "safe" keeping. Anyone know where it might be? I would like to get access to it to make detailed measurements. If security is a concern, send me a PM on its whereabouts. There was some speculation that it might have been destined for the Midwest Central but have heard nothing more and I am pretty sure it did not make it there.

BTW, the La Motte depot is reassembled and looking good in Maquoketa, Iowa next to the Clinton Engines museum run by the Jackson County Historical Society.

The B&C 24 foot ng boxcar in question
IMG_2139_cmprsd.jpg

C,M,StP & P. ng La Motte,Iowa depot before relocation in it's original location
IMG_2140_cmprsd.jpg

Depot still on the truck waiting to be unloaded in Maquoketa, Iowa
FOTAD0E_cmprsd.jpg

Depot's roof in two sections
FOTA254_cmprsd.jpg

Humpty-Dumpty back together again. I don't have a recent picture available but the repairs are all complete and the depot is looking good again.
IMG_6905_cmprsd.jpg

The depot came up for sale last year when the widow of the former owner wanted to dispose of the estate. It was subsequently sold to the Jackson County Historical Society who is really taking an interest in the depot and the history of the narrow gauge in Jackson County. They have a number of artifacts that they will be displaying in the depot. They are also planning to attend eastern Iowa train shows to bring attention to their project. The next train show here in eastern Iowa that they will attend is the Quad Cities model railroad and memorabilia swap meet scheduled for the last Saturday in April at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds in Davenport, Iowa. Watch for the announcement in Model Railroader magazine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 10:23AM by Mark Valerius.
Subject Author Posted

Bellevue and Cascade boxcar last seen in LaMotte, Iowa Attachments

Mark Valerius February 12, 2017 10:15AM

Re: Bellevue and Cascade boxcar last seen in LaMotte, Iowa Attachments

Steam.airman February 13, 2017 03:15PM

Re: Bellevue and Cascade boxcar last seen in LaMotte, Iowa

Dave Peterson February 13, 2017 07:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login