Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cost of Alamosa train shelter?

June 30, 2016 09:17AM
Does anyone here know the cost of, and more details about the shelter over No. 169 at Alamosa? For an open shelter, this is one of the best I've seen and it even includes a pit for running gear work. Should the train be removed elsewhere, the shelter could serve for picnics, etc., with minimal changes, or another rusting engine be placed under it for restoration.

I'm of the belief that our generation is the last that will have much affection for the "old train" down in the park and some of them are likely to be scrapped if more people don't start taking better care of them. Most communities are clueless as what to do with these rusting iron relics and they're often damaged when cities hire equally clueless contractors to work on them. Shipping the engine off to the XYZ RR Museum isn't always a solution either, as most RR museums already have ten times more equipment than they could ever restore. Thus, I'm slowly gathering material for a how-to-do-it website for the cosmetic restoration of steam locomotives, that can be used by volunteer groups and others to start taking better care of them.

While I have many restoration photos from my own 4-6-0 project (that's nearing completion), I need others for older and newer locomotives that require somewhat different treatment. Pictures that show work in progress are the best, as are the before-and-after type.

I work best by email and my address is below. Thanks.

Bob Yarger
bobyar2001@yahoo.com
Subject Author Posted

Cost of Alamosa train shelter?

CVR220 June 30, 2016 09:17AM

Re: Cost of Alamosa train shelter?

Michael Moore June 30, 2016 09:46AM

jgp1843 June 30, 2016 10:14AM

Jim Poston July 02, 2016 06:02AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login